Astrophytum Asterias cv kikko nudum is a rare Japaese cultivar has raised tubercles along the ribs edges, in fact its areoles stick out with large notches between them, giving them a bumpy look. The furrows which appear transversely on the ribs cut the continuity of the ribs and the plants appear decorated with a geometrical design which is raised above the surface. When viewed from above these plants resemble a tortoise-shell hence the Japanese word 'Kitsu-kow' that means "Turtle shell", but at a first glace (especially the nude form) resemble some chinned cacti particularly some Gymocalyciums.
A type of cactus. Plant Size: approx 2.5 - 5 inches.
Caring For Astrophytum:
1) They require plenty of sunlight. Ensure around six hours of sunlight each day.
2) Make sure you thoroughly water this plant so that the soil becomes well soaked.
However, make sure that you do not overwater as this can then lead to root rot. You should let the soil dry up completely before you water the cactus again.
3) Astrophytum requires well-draining soil that can get rid of the excess water in the pot. A coarse texture of the soil with mostly inorganic material and cactus soil is recommended.
4) Use a stable fertilizer that has a good balance of all nutrients. Make sure that you dilute this fertilizer with some water as it can cause root burn.
5) It is propagated by seeds or grafting of pups.
* Add more to Cart to SAVE on Shipping!
Customers Love Us as featured in testimonials.
Your Order is carefully Handpicked: Our staff are succulent lovers too and care about your order.
Quality Guaranteed: Worry-free online shopping experience.
Secured and Safe payment checkout powered by Shopify.